How to take care of your Spathiphyllum
Tips from the professionals
Ten care tips for your Spathiphyllum
- Spathiphyllum is a houseplant. It originates in the Amazon region and will thrive at room temperature (at least 14 degrees Celsius).
- Place your Spathiphyllum in a spot with moderate light.
- Spathiphyllum requires quite a bit of water. The soil is best kept a little moist.
- Spray regularly, to prevent the leaves from browning.
- Add a little plant feed to the soil once a month.
- A flower needs to be white. If a flower turns green, cut it off, as low as possible. Spathiphyllum is a houseplant. It originates in the Amazon region and is therefore used to higher temperatures.
- Cut off leaves which turn brown; this will ensure the plant redirects its energy into new flowers and fresh leaves.
- Is your Spathiphyllum outgrowing its pot? Re-potting is best done in spring.
- Preferably place your Spathiphyllum in potting compost containing coconut fibre.
- A bathroom is ideal for your Spathiphyllum: less light and lots of humidity!